2020 will likely be remembered as the year of great discord, fear, and loss.
But as this year closes, there is much we can CELEBRATE:
· the fastest development of vaccines ever imagined
· national heroes armed with stethoscopes rather than guns
· the execution of a fair election in the midst of unprecedented rankor
· faced with inconvenience and sacrifice, we learned to dig deep to find what we were capable of
· we learned new ways of communicating and how to rely on one another
· the NY Times bestsellers were driven by white people trying to better understand their privilege and anti-racism, even as statues and flags were taken down
· And even after all of the strife, death and separation that 2020 brought
…GOD IS STILL GOD,
LIFE IS STILL GOOD,
AND THERE IS STILL MUCH IMPORTANT WORK FOR PEOPLE OF FAITH TO DO….
HAPPY NEW YEAR!